The Sunapee Community CoffeeHouse
THE EMCEE’S PAGE
Our Volunteers Sustain The Series
All who volunteer are cherished but our emcees have a special
place in our hearts, in part because they are so rare and so very
essential to our shows.
Thank you for considering taking on this rewarding CoffeeHouse
To volunteer to become one of our esteemed emcees:
Our Concise Guide to EmCeeing
EmCeeing and Hosting The Sunapee Community CoffeeHouse!
- Arrive 6:30 or earlier if you can.
Greet musician and orient him/her to bathroom, food, stage,
Set up the room (there are usually others around to help)
- set up lights against post on right.
- bring out basket of pillows
- take out the hat, audience slips, and pens
7:00 Welcome people to the CoffeeHouse, but first mention:
- your name and that you are a volunteer.
- we are an all volunteer organization
also church volunteers provide snacks and beverages for
- we pass the hat for the musician
thank the sponsor for the evening (check the poster or
remind people to fill out forms for chance to win CD.
- "listening room" atmosphere
- upcoming shows (check the poster or website)
Introduce musician (It's good to mention some of
7:45-8:00 Pass the hat just before the last song of the
- count the money and put it in a cup
8:10ish Pick the winner of the CD from the slips just before
the start of the second set.
Let us know if you'd like to join our small but awesome team
of intrepid emcees.
Contact: Judy Thackaberry
The community will thank you
And you'll get much more back than you put into it!